Pregnancy Assistance Services
Women who are distressed by an unplanned pregnancy need practical assistance and emotional support. They find both at the Bunbury Diocese’s Pregnancy Assistance service. This agency offers an initial crisis contact counselling service for women who are troubled by an unplanned pregnancy, and a variety of support and referral services to those women and their families. The agency offers support, and practical and material assistance, during and after pregnancy.
Since its establishment, the staff at Pregnancy Assistance has had the pleasure of getting to know, help, support, and care for over 10,000 people who have made contact with P.A. Visitors range in age from 12 years to a couple in their 80s. Girls, boys, mums, dads, sisters, brothers, grandparents, husbands, partners, and friends have all found solace within the walls of the cottage. A pregnancy doesn’t just make an impact on an individual – a broader circle is touched.
Sometimes the need is tangible and baby clothes, a pram or a cot is all that is required, sometimes a non-judgemental listener will fit the bill. Just to know that some-one really cares can give a feeling of peace, tranquillity and the strength to carry on.
The agency is open on Monday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Appointments can also be arranged outside these hours. There is no charge for any of the services provided.
Please call if you feel we can be of assistance to you.
The main services offered by Pregnancy Assistance are:
- Crisis counselling by telephone
- Face to face counselling in the office;
- Pregnancy testing;
- Information about Social Security benefits, practical home help and ante-natal care services;
- Material assistance with maternity clothes and baby gear;
- Assistance with finding accommodation during pregnancy;
- Counselling and information about alternatives to abortion;
- Post abortion counselling.
- On occasions the agency has also assisted partners, siblings, other family members and close friends who have been distressed as a result of a significant person’s pregnancy.
151 Spencer Street
Bunbury WA 6230
Contact: (08) 9792 4759